Pepsi "BLM Movement" Commercial

In April of 2017, the Pepsi Ad including Kendall Jenner blew up across social media and the news. Many memes and backlash occurred after Pepsi released the controversial ad. In the ad, a protest was occurring and Kendall Jenner at the end grabs a Pepsi and hands it to the officers and the protest is over and celebrated. I believe that Kendall Jenner was in the wrong but people didn't focus on the advertisement as a whole. During the protests, even before Kendall Jenner joined in, people were running and jumping and smiling while protesting for Black Lives Matter. I thought that controversy should also be focused on them because never have I seen a protest occur that people were running with signs with a huge smile on their face. I know that Kendall Jenner was criticized the most because she was the big name in the advertisement but I believe the other actors be held accountable too.

Photo by Jazzybell 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Stages